Why Colocation is a Viable Option for Small Business Owners
Colocation – locating servers and high-tech equipment away from the bricks-and-mortar location of a business – is no longer just for the big boys of the data world. It’s also becoming an emerging consideration for small- to mid-sized business owners.
Many small business owners find themselves burdened and overwhelmed with the task of keeping a server running 24/7 for their business and Internet hosting needs. Colocation facilities at a data center can provide small and mid-sized business owners peace of mind about their IT needs with state-of-the-art security, safety, performance and reliability at a price that is more economical than one might think.
Common colocation services include:
- lockable rack cabinets or cages
- power in a variety of formats
- network connectivity
- proper cooling and ventilation
- physical security, including video surveillance and key card access
- real-time, live monitoring of all systems